Financial Aid for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
The campus grounds come alive in the spring.
Program Structure for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Study for 12-13 months at the University in Fairfield, Iowa
- Optional 8 months practical training at a U.S. company as part of your program
- Receive academic credit for your training
- Receive full compensation from the company
- Possibility to graduate in 12-13 months
- Use Federal Student Aid with no cash payment, low interest, long term loans, including cash for expenses
Click here to see other program options.
Budget for One Academic Year
The following chart is an estimate based on a typical on-campus student for one year of enrollment from August through July. The length of your academic schedule may vary.*
Long-term low- interest loans
University Charges for One Academic Year
Actual charges may vary by your semester enrollment.
Tuition for two semesters
Housing (single room) & meals
*Please note that in order to complete all the academic requirements on campus, it normally takes 2.5 semesters (or 1-2 courses longer than one year of full-time studies). Another option is to complete the last 1-2 courses by Distance Education (for a cost of $1,800 per course that is not covered by Federal Financial Aid).
- Additional federal student loans can provide $4,000 cash for personal expenses, travel, books and supplies.
- All students who have not yet learned the Transcendental Meditation® technique will learn upon arrival at the University. All new U.S. graduate students will receive a scholarship covering the full tuition for the University’s Transcendental Meditation course.
- Most U.S. M.S. in Computer Science students may have a couple Distance Education (DE) courses to take after the two semesters charges above. Each DE course costs $1,800 and can be paid from earnings after being hired for your job. DE courses start several times a year and are 3.5 months in length.
How do I receive grants and scholarships?
File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible, using our school code of 011113.
Maharishi University offers a substantial Trustees scholarship program that is supported by contributions from alumni and friends of the University. Scholarships based on financial need will be automatically packaged into your award based on the FAFSA results.
If you are married and your spouse is working, or if you have substantial savings, you may be asked to make a contribution based on your ability to pay. Alternative loans and/or additional federal student loans are available to help cover this payment if necessary.
How can I cover the rest of the expenses?
Low-interest, long-term student loans will often bridge most of the gap between free aid and the cost of the education. You can repay these loans with income earned after college.
How do I know I can repay loans?
Your income is likely to be much higher if you have a graduate degree. Borrowing for college is a wise investment for your future. Statistics show that the average income of individuals who have achieved a graduate degree is significantly higher than those with a four-year degree.
Many creative repayment options are available for federal student loans, such as interest deductions, extended repayment, and income contingent repayment. Loans can be deferred during periods of unemployment and economic hardship, as well as if you go back to college later to get a graduate degree.